Effective Date: January 19, 2017
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Online Tracking
- Information We Share
- Your Choices
- Links to Other Websites
- How We Protect Personal Information
- How to Contact Us
Information We Collect
We may collect certain personal information when you choose to provide it through our Sites. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information, such as your name and email address
- Other personal information in messages you provide to us on our Sites, such as through the "Contact" or "Sign Up for More Information" feature
- Any other information you elect to share with us
A "cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we collect "clickstream data," which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. If you wish to disable the storage of cookies on your computer, you may do so using the settings on your browser or device. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites. For more information on deleting or controlling cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect through our Sites to:
- offer and provide products to you, including to help us improve, develop, and evaluate products, services, materials and programs related to your condition or treatment;
- respond to and communicate with you about your messages;
- contact you and provide you with informational and marketing materials, coupon programs and clinical trial and other study opportunities related to your condition, treatment or our products by any means of communication, including but not limited to text, e-mail, mail, or telephone;
- enroll you in, and provide you with, programs and services that you may select or refuse at any time;
- disclose your enrollment in, and use of, certain services to your healthcare providers, insurers and pharmacies;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business;
- perform data analyses and other processing (including scientific, market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymization, encryption or tokenization of personal information);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
In addition, we may use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as managing our business. We also may use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Sites, identify users of our Sites, and gather demographic information about our users. We may use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Sites, how users navigate through our Sites, and how we may tailor our Sites to better meet the needs of our users.
We also may use the information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may use third party web analytics services on our Sites, such as those of Google Analytics. These services help us analyze how users use our Sites. The information collected for this purpose (including IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Certain web browsers allow you to instruct your browser to send Do Not Track ("DNT") signals to websites you visit, informing those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. We do not track visitors to our Sites individually or across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore our Sites do not respond to "Do Not Track" signals or similar mechanisms received from browsers.
Information We Share
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, (iii) for the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings, or otherwise for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
How to Contact Us